Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #31
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

D:

Why don't you vote Des?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:38 AM   #32
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
D:

Why don't you vote Des?
cbf to register and every time they stick something in my face to register it makes me want to register less. besides, unless something drastic happens my state will vote the same way with or without me (which i think is usually democratic) and if that something drastic did happen i highly doubt i'll be in that one vote decides the whole thing situation.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #33
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Every vote counts, really. We all remember what happened in Florida.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #34
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
Every vote counts, really. We all remember what happened in Florida.
honestly, i'd probably feel more into voting if it didn't come down to the electoral college and was strictly based on the popular vote.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 10-16-2008, 07:02 AM   #35
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
43% say yes to Democracy.

I should've voted but I didn't... so I can't exactly complain about how they govern things around here.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:48 AM   #36
Blood Raven
Phino

In-Game Name: Dragon_Helper
Current Level: 5x
Server: Bijou
Blood Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Blood Raven
Originally Posted by Destrus View Post
honestly, i'd probably feel more into voting if it didn't come down to the electoral college and was strictly based on the popular vote.
Electoral College is a broken system that doesn't allow for change. It is quite stupid...it favors larger states and controversial states ("swing" states). Not to mention the fact that it DOES make an individual in the minorities vote count almost nothing. Besides the fact that in certain cases people have gotten more votes but lose due to the stupid electoral college. I am personally an Independent.

Besides the fact that George Washing of the US said that if we got into political parties it would tear the country apart (paraphrasing). I truly agree with that statement especially in this day and age. The two party system of America is corrupt with both parties not doing a good enough job of running the country. Republicans tend to do more scandalous things but Democratics have their faults as well.

Originally Posted by Carmasa View Post
Back to the subject, please. ><
Why would people vote yes on prop. 8? ._.
It has to do with religion. The United States of America was founded upon the religious views of Christianity. Some historians theorize that when the founding fathers stated that all religions are equal and should have the right to assemble they were really just referring to the different denominations of Christianity and some tolerance of Jewish religion. Either way...the government that we hold today is just the same as it was 200+ years ago. If you want to see proof then look into many of the Anti-Federalists who didn't want the Constitution. Many of them were flamboyant and openly criticized about the rights and how society could drastically change from the system of tradition they were use to...

As for the majority of people who are against same sex marriage. It is a matter of tradition and the number of people who follow that tradition of persecuting same sex marriage and have the power to vote. I truly belief with the ever increasing chances in the generations that come forth and progress through society in a couple of decades the US might actually change.

I am a Christian myself and I am a proud member of GSA or GTSA. (Gay-Straight-Alliance which is morphing into Gay-Transexual-Straight-Alliance)

Dragon_Helper (Cleric) Level: 5x
_Trevor_ (Fighter) Level: 3x
Drag0n_Slayer (Fighter) Level: 1x

I like Squishes. Let me HELP you.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:11 AM   #37
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
The whole gay marriage stuff has been really stupid lately >.> Just let them do w/e ._. Just because the nature of most ppl is different than some others doesn't mean that it has to be the only right thing =/ ppl can be so mean D: Yes to same sex marriage and yes to FREEEEDOM!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:36 AM   #38
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
It has to do with religion. The United States of America was founded upon the religious views of Christianity.
You might want to do some more research on that matter. No matter how many Christians assert this is the case, it is simply not borne out in fact.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:47 AM   #39
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
Electoral College is a broken system that doesn't allow for change. It is quite stupid...it favors larger states and controversial states ("swing" states). Not to mention the fact that it DOES make an individual in the minorities vote count almost nothing. Besides the fact that in certain cases people have gotten more votes but lose due to the stupid electoral college. I am personally an Independent.
I wouldn't argue that the Electoral College isn't without problems. But I don't think any system of democracy is going to be perfect. You might say, let's do it by the popular vote. In that case, politicians start focusing on cities and urban areas where most of the people live. There would be no point in trying to attract rural voters because they are much harder to target.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #40
Blood Raven
Phino

In-Game Name: Dragon_Helper
Current Level: 5x
Server: Bijou
Blood Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Blood Raven
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
You might want to do some more research on that matter. No matter how many Christians assert this is the case, it is simply not borne out in fact.
Sorry but you have lost me...

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
I wouldn't argue that the Electoral College isn't without problems. But I don't think any system of democracy is going to be perfect. You might say, let's do it by the popular vote. In that case, politicians start focusing on cities and urban areas where most of the people live. There would be no point in trying to attract rural voters because they are much harder to target.
True. However, nothing in general is perfect. I just believe that the system is flawed and that it needs more work/adjustments to change many of problems we are experiencing now.

You are right in ways but I do believe that the voices of rural voters can have more weight then urban voters.

Dragon_Helper (Cleric) Level: 5x
_Trevor_ (Fighter) Level: 3x
Drag0n_Slayer (Fighter) Level: 1x

I like Squishes. Let me HELP you.
Closed Thread