Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Davorix
Mushroom Fighter

Davorix is on a distinguished road
Quests - a faster way to level or not?

A quest (like the Ratman quest) gives about 62 EXP - a Boogy, those turtles gives 22 EXP. So think now - 22 + 22 + 22 = 66 EXP. Three boogys, and I kill them in like three seconds, is a better way to level. But everyone else says that quests is the fastest way.

So, tell me now - which one is the fastest?
So far it sounds like this;
Quest - funnier gameplay.
Not questing - Faster leveling.

But! I still do quest and when I'm comin' back I take the rewards, so I don't finish the quest after I got everything and just have to take the reward.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Quests mainly point to what you should be taking on at your level (unless they're kings or whatever they're called @__@; ) So I quest and grind at the same time, because what I grind on is what I quest on.
At around 45 though, there's much thinner quests and I end up soloing harkans for my license, and still did that at 47 xD

{ enraya ! }
Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Mordecai
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Dinicakes
Current Level: 28
Mordecai is on a distinguished road
What i do is i kill the mob required for the quest, and while im waiting for more of them to spawn i grind on other mobs. Ex: Ice Vivi quest in CP - i can't be bothered to go too far from the eldy gate, so I just wait by a really bad spawning place for the ice vivis. While im waiting i grind on spiders and bats etc. Haha sorry if that didnt make any sense. >.<
Old 05-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Davorix
Mushroom Fighter

Well, the quest I do is around me level. I just kill monsters much higher level than me~xD

But going to the NPC and taking the reward is a EXP loss itself. So, taking your rewards when you're gonna buy stones/something is the best way or take your reward when you're done with the quest?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #5
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
That's what I do o:
I like doing quests, but if the reward's going to be only low exp/money, I'll skip. If there's fame involved, I might do it. I'll probably go for the quest if it has good material rewards, even if it's out of my way xD I like doing quests for some reason o-o

I normally go back to Eld in the middle of grinding because I don't usually just stay in one place and grind for a long time, LOL. I need a change in scenery, so I'll go back to town for stones and normally turn in quests.

In the end, it's all about whether you want to do them or not. If you don't want to, don't do them xD

{ enraya ! }
Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
Davorix
Mushroom Fighter

Well, I'm asking for the fastest way, but it sounds like I've been leveling the fastest way all the time. I still think that quests shouldn't suck so badly, they give so low EXP, money and fame! D:
Old 05-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Davorix View Post
Well, I'm asking for the fastest way, but it sounds like I've been leveling the fastest way all the time. I still think that quests shouldn't suck so badly, they give so low EXP, money and fame! D:
At lower levels what you say is true.

However, the fame you will want to collect.

At higher levels quests are the fastest way to level. At around the levels 30, or 40 you being feeling the burden of grinding out 100,000 experience points. At 51 you're burdened with your first 1,000,000. At 60 its 3,500,000. Throughout your 60's each level requires 600,000 to 1,000,000 more experience points than the previous.

At level 68 you are asked to grind out your first 10,000,000 experience points. Throughout your 70's this number gets even higher until 77 when you reach 20,000,000.

The amount required to go from 79 to 80 is 23,000,000.

Quests at higher levels usually give anywhere from 100,000 to 1,300,000 experience points (talking about level 70 quests here) accounting for an overall of maybe 1-5% of a level.

You can't gaint 5% of level 78 faster than a quest.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Quests are darn good at higher levels. I wouldn't live without them. At lower levels, though, quests kinda suck.

I also believe the Ratman quest is a repeatable one, so if you've already done it once, it starts giving lower exp. Repetable quests always give very low exp. Try looking at how much exp you get from normal quests.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #9
Davorix
Mushroom Fighter

http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Quest_List

It looks like some quests gives about 250 EXP.
Robins quest to kill Mara (who ever she is or where she is) gives 460 EXP with TWO Elrues.

So some aren't worth doing only. D:
Thanks guys - again! <3
Old 05-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Repeatable aren't worth doing, unless you need the rewards they give i.e HP/SP pots or Elderine/Roumen scrolls.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread