Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Solitear
Slime

Solitear is on a distinguished road
New to the class and game

well i am new and i am rolling a healer basicly and i am wondering what build is nice on healing but i can somewhat solo.

I haven't learned any acronyms yet of fiesta so if you use em mind putting the meaning in "()" please?

And also wondering anything else i should know before starting lol.

Doing research on the class hehe >.<
and hi all =o
Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
chuchumilk
Imp

In-Game Name: dodgy
Current Level: 17
Server: teva
chuchumilk is on a distinguished road
Hi solitear i too have started playing on fiesta and my first character is cleric right now im putting my points on end as i see its good and have advantage, hope that helps >.< .
Old 10-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Hello there~

Fiesta has build the cleric class class pretty well, in a way that even though we're the only support class, we can still solo without TOO much trouble (slower than everybody else of coz, but it doesnt take forever).

Most clerics have an END (Endurance) & SPR (Spirit) build. END is pretty much a must, gives u defence, HP and all that. And SPR is preferred over STR (Strength), coz STR only increase your dmg, but SPR increase ur Magic Defence, gives u SP and increase your critical rate, which is almost like increasing your dmg.

As in wat ratio to put it in, it depends on your preference, i think most people do a 1:2 END:SPR, but I did it the other way around until i got 25 END, and now the rest goes in SPR... i dun think it really makes much difference.

Hmm what else do u need to know... maybe pay a bit of attention to skill points empowering. Usually the first 5 points goes to reducing SP comsumption of Heal (coz thats a skill u use most often), and another 5 points to reduce cool down (very useful when u're often in party or KQ (Kingdom quest)).

Clerics only have one dmg dealing skill - Bash (for earlier levels anyway, next one is at lvl 40~). I didnt get it for many levels (coz i was convinced by my sister that its crap!). But I've now picked it up and invested a few increase dmg points into it, for Bash 04 it did between 3 to 4 times my normal dmg. (But i'm not sure if this ratio is consistant to earlier levels of Bash).

And lastly, what ever skill point u invested into the earlier levels of a skill (for example, Heal 01), it gets carried onto the next level of the same skill (Heal 02, heal 03 etc).

WAOH long post.. hope it helped!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 10-28-2007 at 10:54 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #4
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Now that you have an opinion on END:SPR builds, I'll give my two cents as a STR:END cleric.

Simply put: I do way more damage than a cleric with no points in STR. I do on average 50 damage higher than a cleric my level, and that makes solo grinds very effective.

Though you may want to invest points in SPR for the critical rate, it's ultimately up to you. Points in STR guarantee higher damage, but criticals are literally luck shots that do double damage. It boils down to reliability.

I even crit more than clerics with 25 points in SPR. But I cheat a bit...my hammer is 5% base critical + 8% critical as of now.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
yeah that's cheating! XD u cant compare that! LOL

how much STR did u put in ur build?

i equiped two +11 STR rings.. and i didnt feel anything...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
yeah that's cheating! XD u cant compare that! LOL

how much STR did u put in ur build?

i equiped two +11 STR rings.. and i didnt feel anything...
26 points.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

do u use STR rings and things?

oh and if i use SPR rings.. does that add to my Crit rate? or that's only for free stat? XD

i cant believe i'm asking these questions now LOL

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
do u use STR rings and things?

oh and if i use SPR rings.. does that add to my Crit rate? or that's only for free stat? XD

i cant believe i'm asking these questions now LOL
I use two Beast King rings that add STR and END. I suppose I could use GGK rings that add STR and END, but those are hard to find.

And no, I don't think SPR rings add to crit. They merely increase your base SPR, which does not affect your bonus critical rate.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
But adding STR to base stats is way different from STR from equip. STR from eqiup is almost useless - at least, I couldn't see _any_ difference when I tested it recently. >_<

Edit: If you think Tri's crits are cheating, I'm working on getting a +11% crit hammer right now XD
Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

i didnt mean.. cheating as in wrong.. i meant cheating that he's comparing apples with pear... surely... if a cleric with SPR build have the same weapon, theoritically they should do more crits than Tri...

but he was comparing that to someone with basic weapon.. so that comparison doesnt really work... but yeah anyway

yeah i dun hv any STR build.. so i guess the ring's affect isnt amplified as well... i've gone back to my END SPR ring.. not that i feel any difference HAHA

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread