Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #71
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
I've tried explaining Lilian but i'm afraid you won't understand if I tried again...
I wasn't in any way trying to put down the fact that SOME may enjoy the pvp. merely stating that it is a really poor excuse for competitive activity when it's handled this poorly in the game.

I'm a competitive person myself, and I understand where you're coming from with that idea of being the best. But I have to wonder why you put out so much energy for it in this game. o_o
Old 12-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #72
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

In-Game Name: -nil-
Current Level: -nil-
Server: -nil-
Fr0Z3nWind will become famous soon enough
if there's no one who could defeat you, where's the fun
you'll just beat everyone in 1 blow

different people = different difficultly

unless u tell me ur GW must be a 100% success
and your the ultimate killer
anyone in ur way = cheating

as again no offence just stating WHAT i feel thx...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #73
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
I wasn't in any way trying to put down the fact that SOME may enjoy the pvp. merely stating that it is a really poor excuse for competitive activity when it's handled this poorly in the game.

I'm a competitive person myself, and I understand where you're coming from with that idea of being the best. But I have to wonder why you put out so much energy for it in this game. o_o
Competitiveness aside

I ENJOY the pvp in this game no matter how pointless it is.
And i don't like seeing it what imo is being butchered

Originally Posted by Fr0Z3nWind View Post
if there's no one who could defeat you, where's the fun
you'll just beat everyone in 1 blow

different people = different difficultly

unless u tell me ur GW must be a 100% success
and your the ultimate killer
anyone in ur way = cheating

as again no offence just stating WHAT i feel thx...
I don't..understand the argument?

Need to get back to studying...I'll continue arguing and debating later
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #74
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

In-Game Name: -nil-
Current Level: -nil-
Server: -nil-
Fr0Z3nWind will become famous soon enough
ignore what i posted, i got lost *tries to finds my blindfold binding me*
Old 12-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #75
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Fair enough Renin. :3 you're a good guy in my book. xD

I do have to say I enjoy the pvp on and off also, but it usually just acts as a buffer between grinding and whatever - it doesnt have enough substance in it to be something I could find myself doing fulltime in the game.

putting ALL of the offtopicness in this huge thread aside, when it comes down to your original point (which was rather simple) I do agree with you, but only halfway. I still think it's unreasonable to assume that everyone will be using the cash shop boosters just because theyre available.

If it really came down to that - if every GW you tried involved the opposition using extenders and charms, then I would surely stop GWing alltogether. Then I'd agree with you that what little of fiesta pvp is available has indeed been "butchered".
Old 12-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #76
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
Am i the only one who really enjoys reading the flames? Really spices up a slow day...
Old 12-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #77
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
How do you suppose they can do this? The only system that i've seen this work is in Guild Wars (the other game, ironic huh?) with the lvl 20 cap.
Well, I assume the formula for damage calculation includes some sort of level modifier . . . not sure if it's linear or quadratic or exponent, but regardless, let's simply damage calcuation into
F=D * L
Where F is final damage, D is the first half of the damage calcuation, and M is the level modifier (where if two character are equal level, L = 100% . . . e.g. they both will do equal damage to each other if they have the same stats.)

Now, simply change
F=D * L

into:

if attacker is player and defend is player
F = D * ( (L + 1) / 2 )
else
F = D * L

This means PvE isn't changed one bit, but balances the level modifier between people of different levels. Instead of a situation where a lvl 30 would helplessly do 50% damage vs a lvl 40 who's doing 200% damage, the lvl 30 would now do 75% damage and the lvl 40 would do 150%. Of course, this can be tweaked, I only took 30 seconds to think of it - but in that case, I'm sure paid game developers can do better with the time they have. ;x Also, this doesn't at all negate the point of levels - the higher level still would have an advantage, just not a stupidly unfair advantage like they would before.

Edit: Gave it a little thought, and actually, something more like F = D * squareroot( M ) would probably be even better. There you go, 5 minutes of work, OnsOn Soft should now implement it and pay me 100k for using my formula ^_^

But what if we were randomly declared on?
Honor could have already been thrown out considering theres nothing preventing 8 guilds to wage a war on 1.
At that point, ask any other respected guild to help you out. I'm sure most of them on here would - I know for a fact Symphony would in a second.

Although hopefully it counts, since Symphony is apparently a super newb guild . . . which is certianly news to me

Last edited by Lafieru; 12-03-2007 at 04:54 PM..
Old 12-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #78
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fr0Z3nWind View Post
So....if ur considering CS item a "cheat" in GW
imagine this you are a warrior
verus another warrior
you have normal equip +0
he has a sword +5
will u call him a cheat just because u dont have money to buy elrunes n lix and the weapon again if u break it?
(not adding +9 as those are 87% cash item refined)
the difference is everybody in the game has the opportunity to find/buy elrue and lix and the weapon. just if you really want it you may need to take time out from trying to lvl as fast as possible to find the best way to make money for it. however not everybody has the ability to use the cash shop (heck i can't even charge spark cash right now cause the page seems to be messed up). and the "well get a job" comment doesn't work. people with jobs can't always afford to spend money on a game (hmm, maybe that's why they're playing a free one). also kids who would have to use their parents' credit card to use the cs (even if they have their own money for it) may not be able to. there's still a lot of people out there who don't trust using credit cards online. there's probably also people who don't trust the cash option. really, i think the cs items making things even more unbalanced could be solved if they were made tradeable. it might take a while for prices to settle and for people to decide to sell them in game but after some time everyone would have the opportunity to obtain the cs items. then it goes back to that "unfairness" being just a matter of spending time saving up money til you have enough to buy it from someone in game.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #79
Allissa
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Allissa
Current Level: HUH?
Allissa is on a distinguished road
Ok lets see if I can clarify any with Rockraged's point. Dont know the man, and have very little experience with PVP. So I am not going to try and make it look like I do.

From reading this, yes unforunately the whole thing, Rock is not trying to make a point for fairness at all. Its enjoyment hes making a case for, and I can understand where he is coming from. I will use griding just real quick for example, or the chat systems. I know that bots are against the rules and CS is not but it helps to clarify the actual point.

When I am out trying to grind, and it takes 5091237409213874 more mobs than it should have because of the 2039473049 bots that are KSing me on a regular basis, I get a little bored, and tired of grinding, and really dont want to level anymore, which is what i enjoy most right now since im only level 35. When you are trying to kill someone that is 5 levels lower than you, and it takes you 2390475230975 more hits than it should have because of a HP extender and a 100k HP pot, it gets a little boring. The only reason I can back this statement with the lower levels is this, yesterday we got decced out of the blue, no warning nothing. I am in town and get jumped by a cleric thats well over my level while im resting and semi-afk. Ok cool no problem, then the archer jumps in to help. Ok cool still no problem, im getting owned but im having fun. All of a sudden the cleric leaves after killing me the first time. So I go to extract my revenge on the archer, being I know shes the only one I can kill. Based on gear the archer couldnt have been 30+ but her HP were astronomical, I know she couldnt have been too high a level though because of how hard i was hitting her and how weak she was hitting me. I was hitting her for around 170 normal, she was hitting me for around 25. It took me over 5 minutes to kill her, ........ ok now im thinking wtf.

I dont personally enjoy PVP, but ya know different strokes for different folks. To be honest, why waste money on CS for a game thats free and in beta, and still has too many stinking problems in the first place. Outspark has effectively made everyone that buys CS items start paying for a game that is still in BETA!! Its that simple. BUT I do understand his point, the PVP system is already screwed, not even getting into the unfair part, and the introduction of the CS items into PVP has just screwed it even more.

OK NOW 2 points
1) Rockraged - Screwed PVP system is even more screwed and something needs to be done (correct rock?)
2) Outspark - They are now making money off a beta game, and lots of it from what I can tell running around town. They arent changing a thing about the CS, except maybe adding more things that are going to upset some people.

Conclusion - and rock just like you and others have said, please dont take any offense this is in no way an attempt to attack or flame. CS items unfortunately are part of the game, just as drugs and guns are part of real life. It is something we are going to have to learn to deal with, especially if we want to continue to enjoy certain aspects of the game. I know the bots arent going anywhere anytime soon (really hoping im wrong on this one). So I just move. I know that you cant avoid sudden unannounced decs, but as stated above, try your hardest to discuss terms of a GW before they start? at least until outspark hears all the cries about how stupid CS items make PVP (which i pray will be soon so this discussion can go away).

Last edited by Allissa; 12-03-2007 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: because i cant type?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #80
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
hmm, i thought of something, regarding my previous posts, making cs items tradeable won't solve any problem until they find a permanent solution to the gold sellers.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Closed Thread