Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
ZynneTeva
Site Supporter

Current Level: 60
Server: Cypion
ZynneTeva is on a distinguished road
I used to do enhancements for money...

However, it no longer seems to be cost effective.

It disappoints me to see that buying gold from a gold-seller-spammer person is now the cheapest way to obtain money artificially, and its really irritating that someone who breaks the rules and buys gold in this fashion can obtain gold cheaper and faster than I can doing enhancements.

Scamers and lowballers aside, here is a break down:

-I've found that it takes on average 25 tries to enhance something from 0 to +9. Using this figure as an estimate, thats about 2.5 "sets" of eyes required per item. For simplicities sake, im going to assume my customer is doing two items, which is 5 "sets" of eyes.

-We are also going to assume that I purchase SC in bulk at its cheapest rate of 100 USD for 70,000 SC. Using this figure, we're going to say that 700 SC = 1 USD.

-We are going to assume that I use gold eyes as well, since translated, it means "15% less chance of having to use another blue and red eye in the event of a fail". It's important to note, that gold eyes were not implemented in the game as a way to save in game reagents.

-We are not assuming any costs of elrue's, lix's, and xir's.
-We are not accounting for the lack of 1 blue eye for a 0 to +1 enhancement.

1 set of T1 eyes:

585 (gold)
545 (blue)
625 (red)
x5 (5 sets for two items)

/700 (700SC per 1 USD)
~13 USD.

For 13 USD, you can buy aprox 5g from an online seller.

There is no way I could charge (and get business) enhancing T1 items for 2.5g a pop (remember, we did two items, not just one). No on in their right mind would pay that much, and, to make matters worse, no one would even buy a T1 item for that much even if its already at +9.

It gets much better at T4. Here are the T4 numbers:

3,755 (gold)
3,145 (blue)
3,945 (red)
x5
[u]/700[u/]
~76 USD

This is much better. 75 USD buys you about 30g, which makes it about 15g a piece. This is definitely do-able, and chargeable in game.

The only downside to this, is that you must commit 75 real life dollars to enhance two T4 items.

Just for kicks, it will cost you about 225 USD to enhance a set of 6 items to +9.

This is quite ridiculous.

So, for now, until "eye" prices become realistic in price, I have suspended all enhancement services to the public.

Whoever has purchased from me over time thank you for your business.

-See you all in game.

No longer enhancing. Thanks for your business!

Now enhancing +9 items! For more info click HERE!