Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   All the Rage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Gm kq (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24440)

11-04-2009 08:29 AM

Gm kq

OK, so after way too many times trying doing Red Nix repeat and getting shut out of spots and parties for the few mobs that Outspark has in the Flaming Mine, I decided to break down and do the GM KQ. Side note, I still hate KQs, but this one is pretty simple, quick, and usually has players that know their roles, so it's a decent change of pace. Last night was a little different. The first one I entered, some noob decides to kill the golem before the wall is broken - epic fail. We were yelling at him to stop, but to no avail. And he wondered why everyone started leaving. Idiot!!!
The next one went OK for a while, and we did win, but I got partied with a L85 fighter who decided that HE was the tank. Normally, I'm OK with any fighter that wants to tank, but this guy needed to be realistic. At L85, he was barely at 5000HP WITH a 1000point buff on, plus he had no scrolls and it didn't look like he had any enhanced gear. Any time he went near GM, he was one hit KOd, and trying to keep him and an archer alive when the archer kept getting too close to the action was a nightmare. There were a few experienced tanks already in action, but this guy kept running in before the rest could get in the fight. Maybe I should let him borrow my cleric - at least he is at 6900HP, 2.9KDef, and has bonus damage of +2000 when I have him fully scrolled and CSd. I've used him to Clank in DT for the sub-bosses, so I'm pretty sure he could play with GM OK.

Hessah 11-04-2009 11:25 AM

It's so damn sad to see that stupidity and noobness still happens at level 8x, that's like MORE than half way through the game...

These are probably the result of all these exp boost.. I've got nothing against them making a variety of ways for us to level, that's great, but they gotta look at some kinda balance where you don't gain 20 levels in 2 nights or something...

Your story with that 1HKO tanker reminds me of Marlone KQ! Seriously :sigh:

Fighterboy 11-04-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 387535)

I know me too! Yah now the lower level beginners who don't know how to play are lvl 80 in the first month almost with all the sc stuff and instance quests.

Patches 11-04-2009 01:30 PM

I would have told him once to not try and tank, then I would have let him die and not worried about it. Am I mean?

Yami 11-04-2009 04:24 PM

Nope, maybe a bit straight to the point. But I guess I would've done the same in the end. Don't wanna listen? Learn the lesson the hard way.

Loveless 11-04-2009 04:37 PM

Hearing this I am so glad the instances I go in are only for one party. And the one that requires more than 1 will only have guildies in it... who can laugh when the boss OHKOs everyone. :D

The GM KQ I remember... was easy cause I was with people who knew how to play the game (for the most part). The only problem was... the rewards sucked. :(

11-05-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 387535)
It's so damn sad to see that stupidity and noobness still happens at level 8x, that's like MORE than half way through the game...

Yeah, Marlone was the last KQ I entered - I got tired of dealing with failure because everyone wanted to go their own way.

And Loveless, the GM rewards still suck - if you get lucky you may get a blue you would have liked when you were L70, but mostly you get a half stack of mats.

:arg:

Yami 11-05-2009 04:27 PM

At my level the exp is still a nice reward though.

Sero 11-06-2009 12:11 PM

it's 1.8m exp now, but before, it was as low as 300k+ exp.

and I don't think Loveless played the KQ anytime recently, sooooo yeah, she must have meant getting the 300k+ exp reward. D;

Yami 11-06-2009 09:19 PM

Lol I know, still the higher you get the lower the percentage you'll get is.